Terms & Conditions
Merchandise Returns & Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, it is the wrong size or you simply change your mind, you may return it within 14 days from the date of purchase for a full refund or exchange providing the following is met:
- All returns or exchanges must be within 14 days of purchase
- Proof of purchase (receipt) is required with all returned items
- Items must be in their original condition. All tags and packaging must be intact.
- Strictly NO exchange or refunds on items with heat press names or number/s applied
- Any item/s that are return faulty will be assess by a Cairns Taipans staff member before any exchange or refund can be actioned.
Please note: There are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or gift cards, all sales are final.
Online purchases can be returned to us for a refund or exchange, ensuring you meet the conditions of the above Returns and Exchange policy. Simply fill out the exchange and refund form ensuring all fields are complete. Send the completed form, item/s and a return post bag directly back to the Cairns Taipans HQ. If you do not include a return postbag, we will charge an extra $12.00 postage fee. These details are indicated on the exchanges and refunds form.
Cairns Taipans Snakes Store cannot be held accountable for returned goods that are lost in transit. We suggest that these are packed appropriately and sent via registered post.
Please allow up to 5 days for us to receive and process your refund.
For full Merchandise Online Terms and Conditions, please visit taipans.com
- Gift cards are valid for the amount listed on card
- Gift card must be redeemed by the expiry date listed on the card. This date should be 12 months on from when the card had been purchased.
- Can be used for merchandise, tickets or membership.
- Merchandise – Can be redeemed at Taipans HQ and at any playing Venue.
- Ticketing & Membership – Can only be redeemed at Taipans HQ
- Gift cards CANNOT be redeemed online for merchandise or ticketing.
- We do not replace lost or stolen cards.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy and Refunds
1. The 2020-21 Full Season membership prices presented on the Cairns Taipans membership website are based on fourteen regular season Cairns Taipans home games to be played at the Cairns Convention Centre. Considering Cairns Convention Centre renovations, COVID-19 and subsequent government restrictions relating to mass gatherings and crowds, the below terms relate specifically to membership cancellations or refunds for the 2020-21 NBL season.
2. In the event that the 2020-21 NBL season is either cancelled or all games are played without crowds, Cairns Taipans members will be entitled to a full refund less administration costs incurred.
3. In the event that crowd attendance is restricted to less than 14 Cairns Taipans home games at the Cairns Convention Centre for the 2020-21 NBL season, members will be entitled to a partial refund at a pro-rata rate less administration costs incurred.
4. In the event that the start of the 2020-21 NBL season is delayed, the Cairns Taipans regular cancellation policy will apply.
5. In the event that attendance at games for Cairns Taipans members is not prevented by government-imposed crowd regulations, the Cairns Taipans regular cancellation policy will apply.
6. In regards to terms 2 and 3, ‘administration costs’ relates to any costs incurred by the Cairns Taipans at time of refund request relating to the fulfilment of membership benefits. This includes, but is not limited to, membership collateral including membership pack items, shipping and postage, administration fees and member events.
7. Cairns Taipans Members entitled to a refund pursuant to terms 2 and 3 will be provided with the option of a refund (full or partial less administration costs incurred), membership credit, merchandise credit, or a partial/full donation to the Cairns Taipans.
8. In the event that government-imposed crowd regulations require the Cairns Taipans to make amendments to their seating category configuration, the Cairns Taipans reserves the right to relocate or refund any memberships which cannot be fulfilled as per the original terms. The Cairns Taipans reserve the right to make any amendments to their current seating category configuration and pricing, as a consequence of government-imposed crowd regulations.
Terms & Conditions
- Any member that requests for a refund will need to contact Taipans HQ and a 20% non-refundable deposit of that membership will be held.
- All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies.
- Members should be aware that Queensland legislation prohibits the resale of tickets at the Cairns Convention Centre.
- By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to Cairns Taipans electronic database and to receive information relating to Cairns Taipans. You may be contacted by Cairns Taipans regarding any services, offers or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved by Cairns Taipans. Furthermore, you agree for Cairns Taipans to disclose your information to third parties associated with Cairns Taipans so they can contact you about their services, offers or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must opt out at the time of purchasing the membership or notify Cairns Taipans in writing via either post or email where you must specify whether you want to cease receiving information from Cairns Taipans and/or any third parties associated with Cairns Taipans. Please note that opting out of email communication may result in you missing out on member exclusive sales and information.
- Members are required to notify Cairns Taipans of any change in circumstances, including member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Cairns Taipans.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or Cairns Taipans and The Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to refuse an application for membership.
- Cairns Taipans is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly environment for all Club members and spectators. Accordingly, members and persons accompanying a member must not act inappropriately (for example by making undue noise, being intoxicated, causing a disturbance or behaving in an offensive manner) at Cairns Taipans events.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to suspend or cancel the membership of any member who acts inappropriately at a Cairns Taipans events. If a membership is suspended or cancelled, the member will not be entitled to compensation or a refund.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to decide what amounts to inappropriate behaviour in its sole discretion.
- Any person using a membership, regardless of whether they purchased the membership themselves must not act inappropriately.
- Renewing members have up until the Early Bird cut-off date 31st March to secure their current seats. If a member does not renew by this date their seats will be released for any new member to purchase.
- If a member is not satisfied with the location of their season seats, they should inform Taipans HQ prior to the 3rd home game of the season. Taipans will charge a replacement/admin fee to relocate the member and reprint of tickets.
- A member, who wishes to upgrade an existing season child ticket to an adult ticket for a single game, must make the request prior to the particular performance. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ, 127 Anderson Street. Under NO circumstance can this upgrade be processed at The Cairns Convention Centre. Taipans reserve the right to charge a replacement fee per ticket upgraded.
- Members may choose to pay for memberships by paying in instalments.
- By agreeing to pay for membership via Cairns Taipans Payment Plans, you authorise Cairns Taipans, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated Credit Card or Debit Account as set out in your membership application form. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
- If you choose to pay your membership on the instalment plan, the first payment of 20% will be taken when your membership is processed. The remaining balance will be split into six monthly instalments beginning 10 April and finishing 10 September. If you sign up after 10 April, any missed instalments will be charged along with the initial payment.
- All memberships must be paid in full before the first home game. You will not receive your season tickets until full payment is received.
- Memberships purchased after the first home game will not be sold on a pro-rata basis.
Confidentially & Privacy
- We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
- If you consent in writing; or
- To the extent required by law; or
- For the purpose of this Agreement, for example, in relation to a payment dispute.
- Cairns Taipans is careful to protect the privacy of any personal information you supply. Cairns Taipans complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and will only use your information for the express purposes contained in this Agreement.
Right to amend Terms and Conditions
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its absolute discretion including, but not limited to, creating additional membership categories. Members will be notified with 14 days of any change to these Terms and Conditions.
For further information please contact the Taipans HQ at email@example.com
Ticketing Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Tickets purchased on the ‘Taipans Website’ will incur a $4.50 service fee.
- There are no fees for booking tickets over the phone or at Taipans HQ.
Exchanges or Refunds
- No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller. If a refund is made, Taipans may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
- Taipans will only exchange or refund tickets, prior to the purchased performance. This exchange or refund can only be performed at Taipans HQ, Anderson Street.
- Fees may apply.
- No exchanges or refunds available at the venue.
- Taipans will only replace lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase.
- Taipans reserve the right to charge a replacement/administration fee for the reprint of any lost or damaged ticket.
- Taipans will charge a membership card replacement fee of $15.00 per card
- Taipans will charge $2.00 per ticket reprint fee
- Taipans reserve the right not to replace tickets where seating is not allocated i.e.: general admission tickets.
Ticket Upgrades or Change of Seating
- Ticket upgrades, i.e. from a child ticket to an adult ticket, can be requested prior to the event. Taipans will charge the cost of the difference in tickets as well as the ticket replacement fee.
- Change of seating, i.e. from one section to another, can be requested prior to the event subject to availability. Taipans will charge the cost of the difference in tickets as well as the ticket replacement fee.
- Taipans reserves the right to not perform these services at the venue and any persons seeking these services will instead need to purchase new tickets.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Cairns Taipans, or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Cairns Taipans, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. Cairns Taipans will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
- Where concessions apply, the customer must present a valid identification card, as proof of eligibility, when purchasing tickets at a discounted rate. This includes all special offers and membership discounts. Examples of concession cards are, Pension/Seniors, Centrelink, Disability and Companion card.
- Where student discounts apply, the customer must present a valid identification card as proof of eligibility, when purchasing tickets at a discounted rate. This includes all special offers and membership discounts. Examples of students are, university students and TAFE students.
- A child is classified as anyone from the age of 3-17 inclusive as of the date of the event.
- A child membership is classified as anyone from the age of 3-17 inclusive for the whole duration of the season.
- A ticket is not required for anyone under the age of three as long as they are sitting on an adult’s lap.
- Children under the age of 12 must be under direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Each Taipans ticketed event will have an allocation of accessible seats.
- Accessible seating is available to persons requiring a wheelchair space or enhanced amenity seating
- Taipans reserves the right to limit the number of tickets purchased adjacent to the accessible seat.
- Taipans will endeavour to accommodate additional seats purchased through the one transaction as close as possible to the accessible seat, however this may not always be possible subject to availability.
- If a person is found to not be entitled to hold an accessible seating ticket, that person may be required to:
- Move to a different seat if one is available and pay the cost of the difference; or
- If no alternative seat is available, may be requested to leave the venue.
- In order to ensure that accessible seats are appropriately allocated, accessible tickets will only be available for purchase at Taipans HQ or at the venue.
- The promoter/presenter of the event reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, prices, performance times and seating arrangements.
- The right is reserved to prohibit the use of recording equipment, cameras and mobile phones in the venue.
- Taipans and the venue reserve the right if required to search a person and or their possessions upon entry to the venue.
- For events which are cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, refunds or exchanges will be at the discretion of the promoter, and in accordance with the code.
Right to amend Terms and Conditions
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its absolute discretion.
Fan Code of Conduct
The Cairns Taipans is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly environment for all club members and spectators.
The fan code of conduct applies to all attendees at Cairns Taipans events.
All patrons are encouraged to respect the rights of others by displaying proper etiquette.
Patrons must not act inappropriately at Cairns Taipans events including (but not limited to) non-practice of the following:
- Foul, obscene or abusive language or actions
- Interfering with the progress of the game, going on to the court or throwing any object on to the court or into the crowd
- Unruly or careless behaviour
- A level of intoxication that creates a disruption to the patrons around you
- Indecent exposure
- Smoking within the venue
- Interrupting the experience for other patrons, including obstructing views or misuse of props
Cairns Taipans reserves the right to decide what amounts to inappropriate behaviour in its sole discretion.
All patrons shall ensure that there is no discrimination in any form against any person because of race, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin.
Management reserves the right to remove patrons from the venue who do not comply with the code of conduct.
Patrons attending Cairns Taipans events held at the Cairns Convention Centre must also comply with the Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct.
Right to amend Code of Conduct
Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct from time to time in its absolute discretion.
Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct
The Taipans and the Cairns Convention Centre reserve the right to eject patrons from the Cairns Convention Centre property if deemed to be behaving in an unruly manner at any home matches.
Patrons will be ejected immediately if any objects are thrown inside the basketball venue, on the playing court or on the Cairns Convention Centre premises. This is to ensure the safety of the players and other patrons at home matches.
Patrons will also be ejected immediately or refused entry if their game ticket is not produced upon request by Cairns Convention Centre staff or Cairns Taipans ushers. Keep your ticket on you at all times. The Convention Centre Code of Conduct is listed below.
Entry to Cairns Convention Centre is subject to the following terms:-
- The right of admission is reserved. In particular, we reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Centre any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who is not entitled to attend the event. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from Centre management may be removed from the Centre.
- Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the Centre and any other area not accessible by the public.
- Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of Centre management.
- Patrons who are, in the opinion of Centre management, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry into the Centre.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the Centre.
- Items which, in the opinion of Centre management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Centre. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers, horns, vuvuzelas and weapons of any description and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by Centre management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken on to or out of the premises. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
- Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the Centre.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside the Centre’s licensed area into the Centre. Patrons will be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the Centre. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
- Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may only be brought into the Centre at the discretion of Centre management.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including, without limitation, photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without the prior written approval of Centre management. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording devices which are confiscated will become the property of the Centre owner.
- Selfie sticks are prohibited within the Centre during ticketed events. We welcome selfies, but please leave the stick at home.
- Patrons acknowledge that the Centre owner or the event promoter may use a patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the event.
- Prams, pushers, bags and other belongings must be able to fit under the patron’s seat.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Centre. Customers bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Centre management will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer’s personal property.
- Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking, including electronic cigarettes is prohibited in all areas of the Centre. Patrons who smoke in the Centre or who fail to obey a direction from Centre Management or another authorised person to cease smoking in the Centre commit an offence against the Act, to which fines apply; and may be immediately evicted from the Centre.
- Patrons with tickets purchased at a concessional price must have available on entry into the Centre proof of age or other documents justifying such concession.
- Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
- Persons under the age of 12 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. The Licensor and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Centre or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- The event may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations or for any other cause beyond the Centre management’s control. Patrons may make a claim to the event promoter only for a replacement ticket if an event is rescheduled or for a refund of the appropriate amount of the face price of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- The event promoter may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programmes, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or programme times without liability to the event promoter or to Centre management.
Your cooperation in adhering to these terms of entry is appreciated.
Trading as AEG Ogden (Cairns) Pty Ltd
As Manager of Cairns Convention Centre