Terms & Conditions
Purchasing of Memberships
- Once a membership has been purchased, the Cairns Taipans are under no obligation to agree to a cancellation and refund, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law. Requests for cancellations and refunds may only be considered in exceptional circumstances, or where the Australian Consumer Law applies. If approved a 20% non-refundable deposit of that membership will be held. These requests will need to be in writing and emailed to email@example.com
- Members should be aware that Queensland legislation prohibits the resale of tickets at the Cairns Convention Centre.
- By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to Cairns Taipans’ electronic database and receive information about Cairns Taipans. You may be contacted by Cairns Taipans regarding any services, offers, or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved by Cairns Taipans. Furthermore, you agree for Cairns Taipans to disclose your information to third parties associated with Cairns Taipans so they can contact you about their services, offers, or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must opt out at the time of purchasing the membership or notify Cairns Taipans in writing via either post or email where you must specify whether you want to cease receiving information from Cairns Taipans and/or any third parties associated with Cairns Taipans. Please note that opting out of email communication may result in you missing out on member-exclusive sales and information.
- Members are required to notify Cairns Taipans of any change in circumstances, including member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Cairns Taipans.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or Cairns Taipans and The Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to refuse an application for membership.
- Cairns Taipans is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable, family-friendly environment for all Club members and spectators. Accordingly, members and persons accompanying a member must not act inappropriately (for example by making undue noise, being intoxicated, causing a disturbance, or behaving in an offensive manner) at Cairns Taipans events.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to suspend or cancel the membership of any member who acts inappropriately at Cairns Taipans events. If a membership is suspended or cancelled, the member will not be entitled to compensation or a refund.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to decide what amounts to inappropriate behaviour at its sole discretion.
- Any person using a membership, regardless of whether they purchased the membership themselves, must not act inappropriately.
- Members attending any NBL game, event, or activity must comply with the NBL Spectator Standards and any applicable NBL or venue policies. A reference to the NBL Spectator Standards can be located here; NBL Spectator Standards
Early Bird Membership
- Renewing and New members have up until 5 pm on 10th March 2023 to secure their membership at the Early Bird discounted rates.
- During this period renewing members will have the first chance to secure their current seats.
- Any renewing member wanting to change seats during this time will need to contact Taipans HQ.
- If a renewing member does not renew by the cut-off date for the Early Bird period, their seats will be released.
- 2023/24 Taipans Season Members are only eligible to purchase this membership.
- Membership includes a 12-month Kayo Basic Subscription and is only available to Taipans digital members. Must sign up via a unique code provided by the Cairns Taipans.
- Members must sign up before 30 November 2023 and must redeem their voucher by 31st Excludes sign-ups or payments via third parties. One redemption per person.
- After the offer period, the subscription auto-renews at standard Kayo monthly pricing (currently $30/mth on Basic and $35/mth on Premium) unless the subscription is changed or cancelled prior. If you cancel within the offer period, you will lose the remainder of the offer and cannot restart the offer.
Not available in conjunction with other offers. The offer is not transferable. Kayo is available in Australia
- Membership prices are based on fourteen regular season home games unless otherwise stated.
- All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies. Membership prices are set and reviewed annually prior to memberships going on sale.
- If the NBL schedule determines less than fourteen regular season home games, members will be entitled to a refund on a pro-rata basis.
- e. total membership amount divided by fourteen will be the refund amount per game.
- If the NBL schedule determines more than fourteen home games, members will be charged for any additional games on a pro-rata basis.
- e. total membership amount divided by fourteen will be the amount charged per game.
- If a member is not satisfied with the location of their season seats, they must inform Taipans HQ prior to the 3rd home game of the season. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ. Taipans reserves the right to charge the ticket value difference and add any print and/or replacement fees.
- A member who wishes to upgrade an existing season ticket to a higher seating category must request it before the event. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ. Taipans reserves the right to charge the ticket value difference and add any print and/or replacement fees.
- A member who wishes to upgrade a child, concession, or family ticket to an adult ticket for a single game, must make the request prior to that event. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ. Taipans reserve the right to charge the ticket value difference and add any print and/or replacement fees.
- Under NO circumstance can these services be processed at the venue and any persons seeking these services will instead need to purchase new tickets online.
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend seating arrangements at its sole discretion where necessary due to stadium build changes, membership demands, regulatory requirements or government guidance or any other reason reasonably required by the Cairns Taipans.
- Members will be notified if there has been a change to their seating and, where reasonably possible, alternative arrangements to seating will be discussed before members are moved.
Membership Payment Methods
2023/24 Cairns Taipans Season Memberships can be purchased online or in person at Taipans HQ. Memberships can be paid in full or with the payment options listed below.
Taipans Membership Deposit Scheme:
- If you choose to pay your membership using the Deposit Scheme, a payment of 20% is required to be paid in-store at Taipans HQ.
- Remaining payments can be made to Taipans HQ at any time, but your membership MUST BE PAID IN FULL by 17 September 2023.
- This option is not available online and if full payment is not received by the due date, your membership will be put on hold and access to games will not be permitted until payment is received.
Taipans Membership Instalment Plans
- If you choose to pay your membership on the Instalment Plan, the first payment of 20% will be taken when your membership is processed. The remaining balance will be split into five monthly instalments beginning 17 March and finishing 17 September. If you sign up after 17 March, any missed instalments will be charged along with the initial payment.
Instalment Plan Schedule
- Initial Sign-up: 20% of the total membership amount
- 17 March 2023: 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 April 2023: 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 May 2023: 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 June 2023: 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 July 2023: 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 August 2023 12% of the total membership amount
- 17 September 2023 12% of the total membership amount
- By agreeing to pay for membership via Cairns Taipans Payment Plans, you authorise Cairns Taipans, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated Credit Card or Debit Account as set out in your membership application form. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
- Please ensure you update your credit or debit card details via your online MyProvenue account or by calling Taipans HQ so no payments are missed.
- If any instalments are delayed or missed, your membership may be put on hold and access to games will not be permitted until payment is caught back up.
3-Part Payment Plan
- Memberships purchased during the EOFY sale or after will have the option of a 3-part payment plan.
- The total of your membership will be split into 3 equal amounts with the first amount taken once your membership has been processed.
- The remaining 2 payments will be taken on the 17th of August and the 17Th of September.
- If any instalments are delayed or missed, your membership may be put on hold and access to games will not be permitted until payment is caught back up.
Cairns Taipans Roll Over Plan
- The Cairns Taipans Rollover Plan rolls over your membership for the following season each year. Payments are applied in the same method as when the member originally signed up.
- By committing to a Cairns Taipans Membership and the Rollover Plan, you authorise Cairns Taipans to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated credit or debit card for the amount applicable to your membership type. Members can select payments to be deducted either in full or across monthly payments. For payment methods other than a credit card, the member will need to contact Taipans HQ to organise payment. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
- Members will be notified in writing should there be price changes or major inclusion changes to their membership from season to season at least 30 days prior to their membership rolling over.
- Members can request to be taken off the automatic rollover by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Taipans HQ on 07 4041 3000.
- Game dates and times may vary from the date/time originally advertised due to television coverage or due to health protocols. The Taipans will use email, social media, and website to advise of any changes, however, it is each member’s responsibility to check dates and start times for home games prior to each home match.
- For each game the concourse of the convention centre will open 1hr 30mins prior to tip-off time, with the door to the court opening 45mins before tip-off.
- Bag checks will be implemented by Cairns Convention Centre Security upon entry. Patrons are encouraged to avoid bringing a bag to home games to ensure easy and fast access to games.
- Each spectator attending the match must present their game ticket, printed or digital, to be scanned by ticketing staff upon entry. For any issues with game day tickets please see Taipans Staff at the Box Office. Ushers will be available to direct you to your seats if required.
- Please notify your nearest usher if you can’t find your seats. If you experience any issues with your tickets, i.e. someone else with the same tickets etc., please speak to your nearest usher. If they are unable to help, you may be directed to the box office so that we can address the issue.
- If you encounter any anti-social behaviour, please talk to your nearest security guard first. If you can’t find a security guard nearby, please speak to an usher and/or Cairns Taipans staff member.
- If you are not satisfied with how your issues or complaints were handled on game night, please email email@example.com.
NB: While we will always endeavour to help solve any issues experienced by our members, if you do not approach staff as suggested above, Taipans may not be able to remedy your complaint after the game.
- Any additional single-game tickets can only be purchased online or over the phone prior to game day. Tickets cannot be purchased at the venue.
- Upgrades or changing of your membership seats cannot be performed at the Cairns Convention Centre on game day. You will need to contact Taipans HQ to make the change at least a day before game day.
- Members must comply with venue COVID Safe protocols including contact tracing, hygiene practices, social distancing or any other protocol that may be introduced by the Taipans, Cairns Convention Centre, Queensland Government or the NBL from time to time.
- All members agree to abide by Queensland Government, Venue and NBL rules and regulations . This includes the requirement to avoid attending games and/or coming in contact with any person if they feel unwell or have symptoms which may includerunny nose, cough or temperature
- Memberships do not include Finals ticketing as part of the season membership fee already paid
- Members will have the 1st priority ahead of the general public to purchase Finals tickets held in Cairns and administrated by the Cairns Taipans.
- All costs for Finals ticketing include the ticket, booking and transaction fees, travel, and any other associated costs required by the Cairns Taipans and the NBL.
- Should the Cairns Taipans qualify to host a home game in the 2023/24 Finals Series, additional information and terms andconditions will be released to members and fans prior to tickets going on sale.
- Members will be notified of member events throughout the season via email, social media, or our website.
- All Membership benefits and entitlements for each Membership Package are available https://orangearmy.com.au/membership/
Confidentially & Privacy
- We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
- If you consent in writing; or
- To the extent required by law; or
- For this Agreement, for example, about a payment dispute.
- Cairns Taipans is careful to protect the privacy of any personal information you supply. Cairns Taipans complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and will only use your information for the express purposes contained in this Agreement.
Right to amend Terms and Conditions
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its absolute discretion including, but not limited to, creating additional membership categories. Members will be notified within 14 days of any change to these Terms and Conditions.
- For further information please contact the Taipans HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticketing Terms and Conditions of Sale
Purchasing Single Game Tickets
- Single game tickets can be purchased online at taipans.com, by visiting Taipans HQ on Anderson Street or by calling 07 4041 3000.
- Single-game tickets cannot be purchased in person at the Cairns Convention Centre,
- Single game tickets purchased on the ‘Taipans Website’ will incur a $4.50 service fee.
- Memberships purchased on the ‘Taipans Website’ will incur a $9.50 service fee for a full season and $4.50 for non-ticketed.
- There are no service fees for booking tickets or memberships over the phone or at Taipans HQ.
- Single-game ticket purchasers that wish to be provided with a physical printed ticket will incur a ticket print fee of $4.95 per transaction. There will be no fee for e-tickets.
- Members who wish to be provided physical printed tickets for their regular season membership will incur a fee of $2.95 per ticket per game or $19.95 for all regular season games. There will be no fee for e-tickets.
Exchanges or Refunds
- No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller. If a refund is made, Taipans may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
- Exchange or refund must be requested in writing prior to the event and can only be performed at Taipans HQ, Anderson Street.
- Fees may apply.
- No exchanges or refunds are available at the venue.
- Taipans will only replace lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase.
- Taipans reserve the right to charge a replacement/administration fee for the reprint of any lost or damaged ticket and membership card.
- Taipans will charge a membership card replacement fee of $19.95
- Taipans will charge a $4.95 ticket replacement fee
- Tickets that are replaced with e-tickets will not incur a fee.
- Taipans reserve the right not to replace tickets where seating is not allocated i.e.: general admission tickets.
Ticket Upgrades or Change of Seating
- Ticket upgrades to a higher seating category must be requested prior to the event. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ. Taipans reserves the right to charge the ticket value difference and any print and/or replacement fees.
- Ticket upgrades from a child, concession, or family ticket to an adult ticket for a single game, must be requested prior to the event. This procedure can only be performed at Taipans HQ. Taipans reserve the right to charge the ticket value difference and any print and/or replacement fees.
- Under NO circumstance can these services be processed at the venue and any persons seeking these services will instead need to purchase new tickets online.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Cairns Taipans or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Cairns Taipans, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion, or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. Cairns Taipans will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
- SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
- Where concessions apply, the customer must present a valid identification card when purchasing tickets at a discounted rate as proof of eligibility. This includes all special offers and membership discounts. Examples of concession cards are Pension/Seniors, Centrelink, Disability and Companion cards.
- Where student discounts apply, the customer must present a valid identification card as proof of eligibility, when purchasing tickets at a discounted rate. This includes all special offers and membership discounts. Examples of students are university students and TAFE students.
- A child is classified as anyone from the age of 3-17 inclusive as of the date of the event.
- A child membership is classified as anyone from the age of 3-17 inclusive from the start of that season commencing.
- A ticket is not required for anyone under the age of three as long as they are sitting on an adult’s lap.
- Children under the age of 12 must always be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- A family ticket consists of 2 Adults and 2 Children between the ages of 3-17.
- Any additional tickets to be purchased with a family will need to pay the full price of an Adult or Child’s ticket.
- Each Taipans ticketed event will have an allocation of accessible seats.
- Accessible seating is available to persons requiring a wheelchair space or enhanced amenity seating
- Patrons with a Companion card are entitled to one ticket free of charge for their carer.
- Taipans reserve the right to limit the number of tickets purchased adjacent to the accessible seat.
- Taipans will endeavour to accommodate additional seats purchased through the one transaction as close as possible to the accessible seat, however, this may not always be possible subject to availability.
- If a person is found to not be entitled to hold an accessible seating ticket, that person may be required to:
- Move to a different seat if one is available and pay the cost of the difference; or
- If no alternative seat is available, may be requested to leave the venue.
- To ensure that accessible seats are appropriately allocated, accessible tickets will only be available for purchase at Taipans HQ during office hours. Game Day office hours are from 9 am to 12 pm.
- The promoter/presenter of the event reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, prices, performance times and seating arrangements.
- The right is reserved to prohibit the use of recording equipment, cameras, and mobile phones in the venue.
- Taipans and the venue reserve the right if required to search a person and or their possessions upon entry to the venue.
- For events which are cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, refunds or exchanges will be at the discretion of the promoter, and in accordance with the code.
Right to amend Terms and Conditions
- Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time at its absolute discretion.
Fan Code of Conduct
The Cairns Taipans is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable, family-friendly environment for all club members and spectators.
The fan code of conduct applies to all attendees at Cairns Taipans events.
All patrons are encouraged to respect the rights of others by displaying proper etiquette.
Patrons must not act inappropriately at Cairns Taipans events including (but not limited to) non-practice of the following:
- Foul, obscene, or abusive language or actions
- Interfering with the progress of the game, going on to the court or throwing any object onto the court or into the crowd
- Unruly or careless behaviour
- A level of intoxication that creates a disruption to the patrons around you
- Indecent exposure
- Smoking within the venue
- Interrupting the experience for other patrons, including obstructing views or misuse of props
Cairns Taipans reserves the right to decide what amounts to inappropriate behaviour in its sole discretion.
All patrons shall ensure that there is no discrimination in any form against any person because of race, gender, religion, or national or ethnic origin.
Management reserves the right to remove patrons from the venue who do not comply with the code of conduct.
A patron must not engage in courtsiding or the transmission of match data in any format, including the services performed by data scouts, data journalists, data commentators, etc without the express written consent of Basketball Australia. Any person suspected of engaging in this conduct will be asked to leave the venue immediately and have their personal information submitted to Basketball Australia and the NBL. For more information, please refer to Basketball Australia’s Courtsiding Policy (http://australia.basketball/integrity).
Patrons attending Cairns Taipans events held at the Cairns Convention Centre must also comply with the Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct.
Patrons attending any NBL game, event, or activity must comply with the NBL Spectator Standards and any applicable NBL or venue policies. A reference to the NBL Spectator Standards can be located here; NBL Spectator Standards
Right to amend Code of Conduct
Cairns Taipans reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct from time to time in its absolute discretion.
Cairns Convention Centre Code of Conduct
The Taipans and the Cairns Convention Centre reserve the right to eject patrons from the Cairns Convention Centre property if deemed to be behaving in an unruly manner at any home matches.
Patrons will be ejected immediately if any objects are thrown inside the basketball venue, on the playing court or on the Cairns Convention Centre premises. This is to ensure the safety of the players and other patrons at home matches.
‘Event’ means an event conducted at the Centre;
‘Hirer’ means an entity licensed to use the Centre to present the Event;
‘Manager’ means the manager of the Centre or any of their respective agents;
‘Patron’ means any person who enters the Venue at any time whatsoever, whether as the holder of a ticket or otherwise;
‘Centre’ Cairns Convention Centre
- You must not enter the Centre if you are:
- Feeling unwell
- Have visited a COVID-19 hot spot
- Have been in contact with anyone from a COVID-19 hotspot
- All visitors must comply with the current Queensland Government vaccination requirements, anyone who does not comply will be refused entry. Read the latest on the Queensland Government website.
- Patrons entering the Centre must have a valid Event ticket, accreditation pass, invitation or registered to attend a specific event or function.
- On arrival and for the purposes of entry into the Centre for the Event, the Centre may exchange a General Admission ticket for a wristband.
- Any person entering or attempting to enter the Centre without prior authorisation or not in possession of a valid ticket to attend an Event, may be liable for prosecution.
- All tickets or event registrations must abide by the terms and conditions of purchase as set out by the Hirer.
- Patrons who are late for an Event may not be admitted until there is a suitable break in the Event.
- The Patron must only occupy the seat specified on their ticket.
- All complaints and claims arising out of or in connection with an Event, including but not limited to, admittance and seating at the Event, shall be directed to the Hirer.
- If under the legal drinking age, a Patron shall not attempt to purchase and/or consume any alcohol at the Centre. If of legal drinking age, the Patron shall not consume such quantity of alcohol which would be unlawful. As the Centre is a licensed premises:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken from the Centre.
- No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Centre.
- Intoxicated and/or disorderly persons will be refused entry or evicted from the Centre.
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Centre and/or auditorium at some Events.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and/or consume alcohol.
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or to supply liquor to a minor.
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to Police. Penalties apply under relevant State legislation.
- On occasions there will be a requirement for all drinks to be decanted. Patrons are advised that drink spillages could occur in which case the floor may become slippery.
- Patrons are required to be aware that once inside the Auditorium lighting levels may vary.
- Patrons required to show a valid identification (ID) as proof of identity must produce one of the following:
- A valid Passport with a photograph
- A valid Australian Driver’s License
- A valid State Proof of Age or Photo Card
- For the safety of Patrons during the course of an Event, strollers and prams will not be permitted entry into the Auditorium. Alternative areas to park prams and strollers will be provided on an event-by-event basis.
- Any Patron, 15 years or under, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Centre except for those specifically designated as a smoking area. Smoking includes the use of electronic cigarettes and other electronic imitations or simulation devices. Patrons who fail to obey a direction from authorised person/s to cease smoking, may be immediately evicted from the Centre.
- The Hirer, its agents, or the Manager may, in their absolute discretion, conduct searches of Patrons for any items which are prohibited by law or prohibited by these Conditions of Entry. Depending on the Event, walkthrough metal detectors, x-ray machines, visual searches, handheld metal detectors, bag searches and external pat-downs of persons are types of methods which may be used to search Patrons attending the Centre. Unless expressly authorised by the Manager, possession of the following items is prohibited at the Centre:
- All professional cameras (those with detachable lenses or telephoto lenses);
- Audio/visual recording devices;
- Selfie sticks, monopods and tripods;
- Drones or other remote-controlled devices;
- Broadcasting or transmission equipment;
- Cans, bottles (including glass or metal) and containers;
- Eskies or hard cased cooler bags;
- External/Commercial food and drink. Patrons are permitted to enter with a limit of one (1) sealed 600mL PET bottle of water, per person, except when there is a ‘Full Decant’ policy in place for any given Event;
- Bags larger than 30cm x 30cm in seated areas;
- Bags larger than 15cm x 20cm for a general admission standing floor;
- Backpacks of all sizes;
- Alcohol and e-cigarettes;
- Illegal or illicit substances;
- Chewing gum;
- Liquids greater than 100ml (e.g. perfumes and aftershaves etc.);
- Large spiked wrist or neck bands, spiked or studded belts;
- Knives, weapons, scissors and chains;
- Lasers and laser pointers;
- Glo-sticks and other such illuminating objects;
- Permanent marker or felt type pens;
- Aerosol canisters;
- Musical instruments including horns, trumpets, sirens or other noise making devices;
- Banners, posters, flags or signs larger than an A3 sheet of paper:
- The Manager has the right to review content and has the right to refuse lewd or offensive material of any items or clothing entering the Centre;
- Fireworks or flares;
- Motorbike helmets or any face coverings deemed inappropriate by the Manager;
- Large umbrellas (longer than 300mm when in the closed position);
- Bicycles, skateboards or skates;
- Animals (excluding service animals); and
- Any other item deemed by the Manager in its absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, illegal, unsafe or hazardous in any way.
- The Manager reserves the right to, at any time, add items to the prohibited items list. Patrons with any items found to be in breach of these Conditions of Entry may have the items confiscated or be given the option of securing the item themselves.
- Patrons are responsible for their own personal possessions and must not leave bags or possessions unattended at any time.
- All Patrons must wear appropriate attire for a public place at all times, including footwear. Any clothing with lewd or offensive writing, images or imprints may not be worn at the Centre. As designated by federal police The Manager reserves the right to determine whether attire and footwear is appropriate to access the Centre, including in regards to accessing a general admission standing floor and corporate areas.
- A Patron shall not transmit or aid in transmitting any description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event without the authorisation of the Hirer and the Manager. If the Patron makes such a transmission, description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event which is subsequently confiscated by the Hirer or the Manager or their agents, it shall become the property of the Manager. The Manager, the Hirer, their agents and licensees may utilise the Patrons image or likeness incidental to any photographic record, live or recorded video display or any other visual or audio transmission or reproduction in whole or in part of the Event.
- Patrons voluntarily assume all risk of all damage and loss – including property damage, personal injury (fatal and non-fatal), economic and consequential loss – whatsoever and howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Centre including damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other Patrons including employees, agents or licensees of the Manager or Hirer or any other person or thing present at the Centre. The movement of Patrons within the Centre and its surrounds will be subject to the monitoring by CCTV cameras, in combination with facial recognition technology.
- Medical Conditions – If you have a medical condition that requires you to carry medication (i.e. Epi-Pens, insulin pens, syringes etc.) or if you have a medical insert such as a pacemaker, please let security personnel know upon arrival. The Centre has a First Aid team on duty at every Event, should you require medical assistance or observe someone you believe requires medical assistance, please advise a Centre team member immediately. The Centre has a duty of care to its Patrons and staff and may escalate a medical incident to the State Ambulance Service if they determine they are required. Should any Patron require or receive medical treatment while at the Centre, it is imperative that the Patron take all reasonable steps to notify the Manager of the circumstances of the incident and the treatment required or received. The Manager will keep a record of all incidents and treatments, which will be handled confidentially and sensitively. At all times the overriding priority is the health and safety of all Centre staff and Patrons.
- Patrons may not bring animals into the Centre other than an assistance animal in the company of its registered owner. Service animals must display a companion vest/lead for ease of identification.
- Patrons of the Centre must not solicit, display, attempt to sell or distribute any goods or advertising, promotional or political materials (or similar) to any other person.
- The distribution of leaflets, selling of any goods, merchandise tickets or collections at the Centre is prohibited without the appropriate license and the expressed permission of the Manager.
- The Hirer and the Manager reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject from, the Centre without compensation, any Patron whose conduct is, or is deemed by the Hirer, the Manager or their agents, to be prohibited, unlawful, dangerous, disorderly or offensive, or who is not entitled to attend that Event – including those who enter a restricted access area or other area of the Centre which is generally not accessible to the general public.
- The Hirer reserves the right, to add, withdraw or substitute Event participants, and to vary seating arrangements, audience capacity, venues or program times as it deems necessary, and the Hirer’s exercise of this right shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Hirer or the Manager.
- The Hirer or Manager may cancel, delay, interrupt or stop the Event due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or any other causes beyond its reasonable control, and such cancellation, delay, interruption or stoppage of the Event shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Manager or against the Hirer except, in the case of the Hirer, for and limited to a ticket for a replacement Event if scheduled or a refund of the appropriate portion of the base price of the ticket if the Event is cancelled and not subsequently rescheduled.
- Ticket refunds or exchanges need to be referred to the Hirer.
- A Patron who breaches these Conditions of Entry may be denied access to or evicted from the Centre and/or be banned from attending future Events at the Centre. A Patron may be asked for identification for the purpose of enforcing these Conditions of Entry, including prosecution or other law enforcement purposes.
- Patrons must not enter restricted areas without appropriate accreditation or approval from the Manager. Restricted areas include the field of play, performance areas or any other area deemed as restricted by the Manager or Hirer. Violators are subject to eviction and/or prosecution under relevant trespass legislation.
- By entering into the Centre, a Patron consents to these Conditions of Entry
Merchandise Returns & Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, it is the wrong size or you simply change your mind, you may return it within 14 days from the date of purchase for a full refund or exchange providing the following is met:
- All returns or exchanges must be within 14 days of purchase
- Proof of purchase (receipt) is required with all returned items
- Items must be in their original condition. All tags and packaging must be intact.
- Strictly NO exchange or refunds on items with heat press names or number/s applied
- Any item/s that are return faulty will be assess by a Cairns Taipans staff member before any exchange or refund can be actioned.
Please note: There are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or gift cards, all sales are final.