Community Appearance Requests
The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans receive regular requests for player appearances to support various organisations and causes. The Taipans are committed to engaging with the Cairns and region community, spending more than 1000 hours at community events every year.
The club welcomes requests from organisations, and strives to fulfil requests where possible, subject to training and playing schedules.
Guidelines for requests
- Requests must be made no later than 6 weeks prior to the event for scheduling reasons
- No requests for appearances of a personal description will be considered
- Appearance requests must have a defined and explained role for players attending, and a proposal of activities, run sheet and player briefing notes must be included
- No appearances with a possible risk of injury will be considered
- All requests must be submitted online via the below form
- Due to the large volume of requests received each year, we may be unable to fulfil every request. While we do endeavour to respond to all requests, please note in busy periods we may only respond to successful requests.